Do you like to browse the videos on various websites looking for tips that can help you improve your designs or pick up new skills? While there are certainly tons of useful design videos out there with lots of different types of tips, almost all of them will likely be online streaming videos so you have to be online to watch them.
A Review of Movavi Screen Capture Studio Software
Assuming you want to save these design videos to watch later when you aren’t online, or to transfer them to other devices, your best bet is to try Movavi Screen Capture Studio. It is a simple and intuitive video capture software for Mac that will let you record any design video directly from your Mac’s screen and save it to your hard drive.
Essentially you will want to set up Movavi Screen Capture Studio to record the area of your screen where the video is located, along with audio from your speakers. Frankly, both of those things can be done easily by following these steps:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture Studio and select ‘Record screen’ in the menu.
- Define the capture area by clicking and dragging your mouse cursor to draw a frame over it.
- Set Movavi Screen Capture Studio to record audio from your speakers by making sure the System Audio icon is highlighted. If it is then nothing else needs to be done, but if it isn’t you can just click on it once so that it lights up.
- Start the recording by clicking ‘REC’ and play the video at the same time.
- Click ‘Stop’ when the recording is done, then ‘Save as’ to save it.
Before you begin recording you may want to also adjust the frame rate, sound levels or set up Movavi Screen Capture Studio to record keyboard and mouse actions. Additionally you could schedule the recording so that it automatically starts and stops at a certain time, or use the timer to automatically stop it after a particular duration.
Once the recording is done you could opt to open it up in the built-in editor rather than saving it. That will let you trim out unwanted parts, apply special effects, enhance the video quality, add audio tracks, insert captions, and much more.
As you can see the features in Movavi Screen Capture Studio extend far beyond just recording videos from your screen. In fact some of them may prove to be extremely useful when you’re recording videos with design tips from websites, as you could even edit the videos you record and extract useful highlights for easy reference in the future.