There is a rapid advancement in the technology which results in various shifts in the field of web development. Mostly, the organizations used to depend upon Flex, but now due to the rapid transformation of the Flash platform, they are bending towards HTML5. It is very much obvious that this conversion from Flex to HTML5 is complicated for a company along with its team of developers. Every organization is adopting this transition desperately, in spite of having a wide range of obstacles. Let’s have a look at some factors that the developers should keep in mind:
1. Pick out a client-side MVC architecture
So, you need to keep several points in your mind before making this decision for your company:-
- The framework should provide enough real world examples.
- The framework should provide a certain level of adjustability for the applications that your organization creates.
- The framework should allow you to create testable applications.
- Whether the framework is providing any kind of level or support, which is needed for your organization.
- What kind of level of support do you require?
2. Select an AJAX Library and DOM manipulation
3. Quickly Choose Code Conventions
4. Create A Testing Plan
The second area to be considered is code coverage. JSCoverage is one such option that can help your organization in enforcing an expected level of testing in your HTML5 applications.
Now, the functional testing of the HTML5 application where HTML5 development can exceed Flex. The powerful testing tool was HP’s Quick Test Pro, but the quality functional testing of your HTML5 applications is provided by Selenium.
5. Build and Deployment Process
After the advancement of Flex, ANT and Maven tools were used by the organizations. If you want to build an optimized application of Flex, then you have to follow few discrete steps.
You need to have a plan for building your applications which should accomplish the following:-
- Do the compilation of LESS/SASS CSS code.
- Combine CSS code into single file.
- Run unit tests.
- Run functional tests.
- Execute load tests in a staging environment.
Proper planning and research is required, if you want to empower your developers with these new technologies. The integration procedure can actually become the simplest by following the above guidelines.