Kudos to you for burning the midnight oil and completing the development of your react native mobile application. Now, you are probably geared up to launch your mobile application to Apple’s app store or Google Play. Right? This insightful post will walk you through the process that you need to follow for the successful deployment of your mobile app. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Prerequisites For Mobile App Launch
App Launch Prerequisites
When preparing for the app launch, you should have the following information:-
- Application Name: It should be unique, catchy, short, and relevant.
- Application Description: Write a short and engaging description of what your app does when populating the description with target keywords.
- App Screenshots: Use 5-6 coherent screenshots showcasing the key features of your mobile application. Place the most important one in the beginning.
- App Version
- Bundle Identifier: The preferred format is com. CompanyName.AppName. For instance, com.Facebook.Instagram.
- Developer/Publisher Profile
App Store Prerequisites
- Target Keywords (need to be separated by commas).
- Countries – Select the countries where your mobile application will be available.
- App Category: Choose a category and subcategory that suit best to your mobile application.
- Copyright: YYYY Company Name
- Demo account
Google Play Prerequisites
- App Category: Choose the right category for your application
- Icon: A 512x512px app icon of any shape is required.
- Several screenshots that truly define your application.
Publisher Information That You Must Have
Before you start deploying your react native mobile app, you need to have some information about the publisher, including:-
- First and last name of the publisher
- Name of the organization (could be the same as the profile name)
- Name of your city or locality
- Name of your state or province
- Mobile number of the publisher
- Email Address of the publisher
Steps To Create Listing In App Store
- Navigate to iTunes Connect in your web browser
- Login and click on ‘My Apps’
- Click on the “+” sign present on the top left of the screen
- Click “New iOS App”
- Bundle ID: Select the one that you have created in Developer Portal
- Make sure that the SKU match with the Bundle ID that was created earlier
- Click on the ‘Create’ option to create the first version of your listing
Deploying React Native Mobile Application
Here are the instructions for publishing Expo applications:-
Set up all the configurations in the app.json. It will appear similar to this.
- Make a distinct account for the application/customer/organization.
- Launch your mobile application
- Create a certificate for push notification
- Set up all the p12 files, keys, and certificates
- Set up builds via exp build: Android or exp build: iOS.
- Use custom keys/certificates.
Once done with this, submit the IPA file through the app loader.
- Begin Xcode
- Open the workspace or project
- Update the build numbers and version
- Open build settings
- Ensure all settings are selected
- Scroll to code signing
- Make the use of provisioning profile that developed earlier
- Make the use of code signing identity that was created earlier
- On the top menu bar, choose generic iOS device if there is no actual device connected
- Menu, Project, Archive
- Click on the distribute option
- Log in to your Apple developer account
- Submit your app to the application store
- Wait for the confirmation
- Move to iTunes Connect
- Choose the build you want to tie to the version
- Enter the pricing details
- Click on the save option
- Fix all the errors that appear based on the messages you receive and save changes.
- Choose the release type. Manual release – once your application is accepted, a release button will appear. In automatic release – Once your mobile application is accepted, it will be released immediately.
- If your app gets rejected, visit the Resolution Center to check the notes and make the changes accordingly, and then resubmit your application.
Follow this instruction to deploy your mobile application in Google Play:-
- Open Play Console in your internet browser
- Sign in to your developer account and click on “Create new app” under “All Apps” section
- Fill in all the required details
- Upload your mobile application
- Submit it for review
- Wait for a few days to get approval (it may take from a day to a week)
Step-By-Step Guide To Create p12 Files
- Install the certificate that you would like to export in .p12 format by clicking two times on it.
- Now, open the application of keychain access
- Select the certificate that you would require
- Now, click the right mouse button and choose export
- Use .p12 file format
- Key-in a strong password and save it
- Key-in your profile password
- Employ the file stored in the directory that you have saved a few moments ago
Step-By-Step Guide To Create Push Notification Certificate
- Move to Apple’s Developer in your internet browser
- Click on the certificates
- Click on the “+” sign present in the top right section of the screen
- Now, look at the production part
- Select the option naming ‘Apple Push Notification service SSL’
- Click on the continue option
- Export the certificate signing request that you have created earlier
- Download the certificate
- Install the certificate that you have downloaded on your system by double-clicking on it
- Now, save the file
Launching a React Native app is not everyone’s cup of tea. It requires sound knowledge and hands-on experience. If you are one of those newbies who are launching their first reactive native app, you must consider this informative post. Believe me, if you religiously follow these steps, it will help you deploy your React Native mobile application to Google Play and Apple’s App Store with ease. Now, if you have any questions in mind related to this informative post, you can comment down below. Thanks for reading, cheers 🙂