A couple of years ago, fibre optic cable based Internet connections were something that was limited to well off companies and the independently wealthy. Now though, thanks to a number of advances in the cable technologies, it is easily accessible at an affordable price.
Benefits of Fibre Optic Cable
Fibre optic cables have so many benefits that it is hard to list them all here, but we’ll give it a try anyway.
- The cables are not susceptible to elemental wear and tear. They don’t rust or corrode like copper cables do.
- Fibre optic cables are cheaper, per meter, than their copper counterparts, making it easier to install the cable lines without breaking the metaphorical bank.
- The cables are thinner, requiring less space and subsequently less digging to place them.
- Fibre optics is capable of carrying infinitely more data than the traditional copper cables. Additionally, you don’t need to upgrade the fibre optic lines in order to increase the bandwidth to your location.
- These cables use less power than their copper cousins, making the more cost effective to install.
- They are ideal for digital networks, because they can transmit information without the need to transmit electricity as well. This also reduces the potential fire hazard that improperly installed or insulated copper cables can represent.
- Fibre optics weighs infinitely less than copper cables, making them easier to transport in bulk.
- Copper is becoming harder and harder to come by. Fibre optic, on the other hand, is made of glass or a glass plastic polymer. All of the materials used in the creation of fibre optic cables are recyclable.
We could go on almost indefinitely, but hopefully you get the idea. The benefits of the installation of fibre optic cable greatly outweigh any initial investment.
If you’re in the UK, then Virgin Media offers some of the best fibre optic broadband packages in the industry.
Fibre Optic Broadband
If you need a good solid internet connection, whether it’s for school, work, or gaming, Virgin Media has got everything you might need.
The company offers speeds from 50mb/s for as little as £15 per month. To give you a bit of context there, your standard 4G mobile internet will usually only reach speeds of 5mb/s. This basic broadband packages offers you 10x the speed at a fraction of the cost.
If 50mb/s isn’t fast enough for you, don’t worry. The company offers packages that will reach speeds of up to 152mb/s. That’s 3x faster than their basic broadband and nearly 30x faster than your mobile internet.
All of the plans offered by Virgin Media come with free installation. That’s a nearly £50 value. Additionally, all of the packages include a WebSafe network security system, no cap on downloads, and 5GB of free cloud storage. When paired with the fastest wireless router on the market, you just can’t beat the amazing deals offered by Virgin Media.
On the Move?
Just because you’re out and about doesn’t mean you should lose the ability to take advantage of your fantastic broadband service. For a small additional fee, you can take your broadband with you! Create an easy to use mobile hotspot for yourself or your friends. You can purchase up to 3GB of data per month for your mobile broadband.
Virgin Media is the go-to company in the UK for fibre optic cable broadband services. With the affordable packages and fantastic fibre optic services, there is just no competition.